Monday, May 28, 2007

Crying

I was just watching my favourite movie, Rang de Basanti on DVD. Each time I watch it, I notice something new that I like. For instance, this time I noticed how Aamir Khan performs in scenes where he has to act like he's crying.

From some personal experience, I see it more or less like this : when you cry, it's not just loud noise and moist eyes. There's an emotion that surges up from deep inside, gradually taking over you. In a few seconds, you're completely overwhelmed, and you have no idea how to deal with the swell of feelings inside you. Before you know it, you are completely in its grip, and your face grimaces and feels like it's going to explode. Finally you give in and shut your eyes, and that's when you feel the warm trickles of your tears on your face. And it comes in surges. Every time you vent out a little, you relax a little till the next wave takes you down again. Once you've let out enough steam, you're feeling much better. It's awesome how he pulls it off; I'm always wondering if he's not really crying.

There's acting for you.

4 comments:

Sabhtarsha said...

True,
I agree, :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have cried a lot to get into those minutes details of crying ;)

~ A well wisher :)

Suman said...

Thankfully, those occasions are few and far in between. :-) It's just a matter of being able to express it in words - I'm sure your experience or anyone else's is no different!

Pappul said...

RDB is your favourite movie ?